Nektarina non profit association supports empowerment of women through education, artistic expression and work. Our projects and campaigns help raise awareness, connect women and inspire them to interact.
CONNECT THROUGH ART is our ongoing campaign, where we present artwork from "everyday women" living in everyday world. These artworks are their free expressions and impressions, and we thank them all for sharing it with us. Enjoy!

Sunday, January 17, 2010

MIRJANA / Connect Through Art



by Mirjana Cesar  /



My artwork is a fusion between acrylic painting and fiber collage with emphases on incorporating natural and recycled materials. It's constantly evolving with extensive use of old artisan techniques in a process of achieving original, one of a kind pieces. I incorporate weaving and embroidery in my mixed media.

I work with burlap (rather than canvas) because of its organic roughness and its receptivity to specific techniques I'm utilizing. Acrylic paints, fabric cutouts, various yarns, threads and wood beads allow me to achieve a dimensional, primitive but contemporary theme I'm looking for.

I make my wearable art jewelry exploring a free form peyote technique that intrigues me and gives me a unique approach with endless possibilities. Like with my artwork I use a variety of materials, any kind of beads, precious stones, mosaic tiles, fiber, yarns, basically anything I can find interesting and combine it into my designs.

I'm greatly influenced by nature, with it's inexhaustible beauty that surrounds us.  My inspiration comes from the plants and flowers of my current environment, as well  as vivid memories of my naturally diverse homeland, rich Croatian folk heritage and seeds of creativity that my artisan grandparents planted in my soul.

Beauty lies all around us. We forget to look at the simple, small things, like fern buds unfurling, unfolding  just like life itself. We should walk the fields of flowers instead of concrete sidewalks.  




 


 


You can find more of Mirjana Cesar's works HERE 



No comments:

Post a Comment